Friday 26 September 2014

The wedding present

Al Furqan (25:74)


[25:74] And they say, "Our Lord, let our spouses and children be a source of joy for us, and keep us in the forefront of the righteous.". 

This was a wedding present I made for someone. I had wanted for it to 'stand out' and have a 3D effect. So I mixed acrylic with sand from a local beach (I collect sand) and applied it using a pallete knife. It took ages to complete. When I say ages, I mean ages.

The background was painted using my fingers. And the borders were created using leaves from my mother's potted plants. She was not very happy about it the next morning. 


The expensive frame

I had it framed before presenting it to my friend. Frames are so pricey, it probably cost more than the painting (had I'd chosen to sell it) itself. I should learn how to make frames.

No comments:

Post a Comment