Friday 26 September 2014

Carcinoma in situ

Carcinoma in situ

I had recently learnt that a friend of mine was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins lymphoma. He was diagnosed at 32, and thankfully at an early stage. One would normally hear stories about how a cancer patient suffers from depression and often find themselves in a weakened state. But I hear the exact opposite from my friend. He's strong, vivacous, often happy and so full of life.

He inspired me to come up with this piece. His colourful life is marred by the disease, but he has not allowed for it to take over his life and define him. He takes charge of his life, unwilling it to bring his spirits down.

Cancers are often known to spread and consume you, but with my friend's outlook on life, it is carcinoma in situ. This is for you, B!

No comments:

Post a Comment